Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: QB rushing

  1. #1
    King of the World
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    183
    Blog Entries
    4

    QB rushing

    I fixed a couple of bugs in the QB running subroutine. The changes will only affect a situation where you are running the QB much more frequently than the QB ran in the NFL.
    Lead Developer of Sandbox Simulations

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    I fixed a couple of bugs in the QB running subroutine. The changes will only affect a situation where you are running the QB much more frequently than the QB ran in the NFL.

    Well, that is kinda anti the whole alternate reality concept... Isn't it?

    Reduce the value of a weapon the more it is used?

    Do you do the same thing for Derrick Henry?

    Does Aaron Donald's Value drop the more sacks he gets?

    Does TB12 drop the more TD he throws?

    I am serious, As a GM it would be my NFL strategy to have 5 QB's who are run first QB's with no care as to how they can throw and no care as to whether or not they get hurt.

    I would have almost no WR's because I wont pay where the market is going on WR and TE and Pass catching RB because half the league is running Andy Reid's offence.

    I would put three to four mid tier offensive lineman as full time TE and run the ball down the throat of these undersized defenses, (Student Body Right, Student Body Left).

    with RB that can't catch but can drive the line, and several QB's that are RUN FIRST, regardless of what the name on the jersey says.

    So, You are saying If I take advantage of my own personal alternate strategy, you are going to reduce the effectiveness of my Enginuity?
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 06-09-2022 at 09:57 PM.

  3. #3
    I think what cdcox is saying is that rbs and qbs and wrs lose effectiveness in real life based on the number of hits they take. All he is doing is attempting to make this more realistic.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JackCarsten View Post
    I think what cdcox is saying is that rbs and qbs and wrs lose effectiveness in real life based on the number of hits they take. All he is doing is attempting to make this more realistic.
    Its not realistic because I would have no problem picking up 5 running QB's to put on the roster, nobody signs those guys out of college.

    But this game does not allow for that, so you can't diminish the one QB I am allowed to play.

    If you are going to reduce the effectiveness of a overused QB then Allow me to change the QB mid game like we can the HB.

    I will sign four more RUNNING QB's and split the carries between them, so they are all fresh, all game, every game.

    Also take the restrictions off the short yardage plays, because if I run three extra offensive lineman as TE's with TE numbers and ballpein hammer for a fullback, my offense should run down your undersized lineman and expose the lack of depth on that D-line in the second half of every game.

    My Oversized, run first, extra deep offense, will beat down todays, undersized, Stop the Pass, defenses.

    All your defenses should be tired by the second half playing against my teams and therefore all my running stats should go up with use, not down.

    Your restrictions are not practical, I understand why you think they are logical, however, you are wrong.

    Also, If a team has to bring backup defensive lineman for short yardage situations over and over again and I've got eight starting offensive lineman across my line in short yardage, the defense should definitely give way, If not right away, the D-line should show signs of fatigue.

    When the D-line is stacked to stop the run, the door is open for huge breakaway plays once the Runner gets past the line which can happen on any play that has a short yardage stack up.

    Also, I will take this time to point out that before Teddy Rosevelt Negotiated with the NFL to bring in the forward pass, NFL Teams often put up huge yardage counts and point totals JUST RUNNING THE BALL, and they did that against teams that were built just to stop the run, So don't give me any talk about "it wouldn't work", especially in this "stop the pass first" undersized defense league.

    Your restrictions are wrong and it's bad for the game.

    Just because you don't like the fact that it works, you eliminate the usage, Facts are if teams are committed to doing it in the NFL, it works there too.

    Personally, as a GM I would go and get the offensive play books from all of the original great Head Coaches of the NFL Pre Forward Pass and unload holy hell on these NFL Defenses.

    Seems like even in this alternate reality, the powers that be are closed minded and shortsighted yet again.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 06-09-2022 at 09:42 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
    I fixed a couple of bugs in the QB running subroutine. The changes will only affect a situation where you are running the QB much more frequently than the QB ran in the NFL.
    Then allow us to spread the carries around more QB's. I want to build a team that does not throw the ball but only runs the ball.

    and I mean ONLY RUNS THE BALL.

    PRE FORWARD PASS OFFENSE.

    I want to put 8 or 9 offensive linemen on the line of scrimmage and RUN, RUN, RUN.

    YOU are putting extra penalties into the sim JUST TO STOP real Enginuity.

    As it is right now, I am running 5 TE's at the WR positions to get the extra blocking that is needed, since the Sim won't allow for QB running on any other formation.

    I can't just run my HB's with short yardage because you already legislated any big plays or consistency of gain out of the short yardage formations, even when I place O-lineman as the TE's.

    Basically, you are setting up a game where anything other then drop back and pass will not be allowed.

    The sim is even making my QB throw the ball when the passing % is literally 0 IN EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY.
    Last edited by UmmBerrto; 06-09-2022 at 10:16 PM.

  6. #6
    so you like to run the single wing or a wish bone offence back in the good old days it work but time have change or have the fb run the ball as much as the rb and if the could have those formation you could run the ball all day

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pit1232 View Post
    so you like to run the single wing or a wish bone offence back in the good old days it work but time have change or have the fb run the ball as much as the rb and if the could have those formation you could run the ball all day


    Facts are, the ball can be run all day with the formations that they have currently.

    Only problem is, when there is a high level of success, which there should be, they change the code to take away the obvious success, that very well exists in real life.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    in transition
    Posts
    51
    Dude, c'mon.
    You bitch about the sim not being realistic but yet you run Lamar 50+ times, never passing or using another RB and then complain of adjustments, lol?
    Show me an NFL game where thats been done and its normal.

    You can't have it both ways.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind From West View Post
    Dude, c'mon.
    You bitch about the sim not being realistic but yet you run Lamar 50+ times, never passing or using another RB and then complain of adjustments, lol?
    Show me an NFL game where thats been done and its normal.

    You can't have it both ways.


    First off, watch your tone with me.

    Secondly, I have the running plays set to run more with the running back then with the QB. For the very reason that I did not want to look like I was taking advantage of the sim.

    Thirdly, as I said, If it were allowed, in this sim, I would gladly pick up four other QB's to split the carries between them all so that injuries and fatigue can be reflected.

    And fourthly, If the code was not already changed to restrict Short yardage success, I would have gladly continued to run the RB's even more often then I was running them.

    And finally, watch your tone with me.
    I allowed my tone to change when people said I was out of line. You should do the same. Watch your tone.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    in transition
    Posts
    51
    OK, I got the mirror out to reflect my fingers...

    Get over yourself. Its a game online, lol. My tone, you a funny guy!

    Learn how to gameplan!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •